Return on Investment from PHADA Membership
We Work for You!
PHADA membership yields an exceptional return on investment (ROI) that is measured through direct financial benefits, by representing your voice in Washington, and through education, training, and networking. Membership is one of the most important investments you can make for your agency.
Providing Direct Financial Benefits
We know every dollar matters. That’s why we:
- Advocated for and realized targeted gains in FY 22 and FY 23 funding for the Capital Fund, Operating Fund, HCV Renewals, HCV Administrative Fees and PBRA.
- Led the effort with two successful lawsuits on behalf of nearly 900 HAs for HUD’s illegal recapture of operating reserves, returning $270 million in damages to HAs.
- Took the lead with HUD and Congress on Tenant Accounts Receivable (TARs) and the 30-day notice to evict requirement, both of which threaten HA solvency.
Representing Your Voice in Washington
We are an independent and often sole voice supporting practical solutions on the most important issues facing the low-income housing industry:
- In 2023, our advocacy on behalf of our members included submitting more than a dozen comment letters – representing over 100 pages of analysis and arguments – on topics such as TARs; the 30-day Notice and Interim Rule; AFFH; NSPIRE; HOTMA; Radon; Build America, Buy America (BABA); more workable FMRs and improved methodologies; SEMAP and PHAS; FSS; improvements to RAD and LIHTC; and stopping the flurry of new regulations.
- Many of PHADA’s positions were subsequently adopted in HUD regulations and information collections, resulting in streamlining of reporting by HAs.
- PHADA’s advocacy webinar discussed how to set up Hill meetings, establish relationships with lawmakers and inviting them to your site, develop key messages, and more.
Education and Professional Development
Throughout the year, we provide members essential learning resources, including:
- Free webinars on a variety of important topics affecting the industry, including the latest news & hot issues from Washington.
- Professional development opportunities at conference sessions and via webinars.
- Technical Assistance from housing experts covering a full range of programs, policies, and practices.
- Discounted member pricing for PHADA’s three annual conferences: Commissioners’ Conference, Annual Convention & Exhibition, and Legislative Forum.
- All-digital edition of the Executive Director Compensation Survey, allowing members a significant discount and instant access to the latest salary information.
Advocacy and Networking Opportunities
- PHADA helps you cultivate important relationships with elected officials.
- Influence national policies and how they impact local programs through committee participation and work with PHADA staff.
- Connect with colleagues across the country, sharing policies and models to address local challenges.
- Get access to complimentary online job postings for both employers and job seekers.