HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER (HCV) SPECIALIST
HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER (HCV) SPECIALIST
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the incumbent is responsible for all aspects of the HCV program administration including, but not limited to, eligibility determination, waiting list management, landlord relations, rent and utilities calculations, interim re-examinations, etc. under the HCV Program. The incumbent is also responsible for identifying potential grant sources and preparing and submitting applications for grants. Considerable knowledge of HUD regulations is necessary for the employee in this position. In addition, this position works closely with the HAN accounting department in assuring number of vouchers leased is at its optimal point.
The statements contained here reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individual may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
- Approve eligibility of prospective clients for program.
- Complete client orientation and prepare leasing documents using prescribed HUD forms.
- Issues, receives and processes application, interviews applicants, process verification documents, calculates rent and utility allowances and maintains application files and waiting lists.
- Certified HQS Inspector and have the ability to inspect units for initial, annual quality control inspections.
- Updates the waiting list on a regular basis.
- Performs rent reasonableness surveys annually and the annual utility allowance adjustment.
- Enforce HAN contracts/addendums, client responsibility, repayment agreements, and terminations. Refer fraudulent cases to Investigator and/or Executive Director.
- Perform annual re-certifications and interim reviews with clients to determine continued eligibility based on the Enterprise Income Verification System (EIV), client submission, and/or third-party verifications.
- Maintain client files according to HAN and HUD standards using housing authority software.
- Develop and maintain rapport with landlords and/or property managers.
- Provide monthly report for Voucher Management Systems (VMS) Accounting using housing authority computer software and provide monthly reports for HUD two year forecasting tool.
- Provide assistance in landlord issues including complaints, tenant lease violations, damage claims, and education on housing assistance programs.
- Contact eligible prospective clients for available vouchers using email, phone calls and mail delivery.
- Provide information for completion of HAN and HUD forms and reports.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of HUD regulations, computer updates, and agency program changes.
- Interact with community agencies or associations regarding programs and procedures.
- Determine portability status for each household, including initial preparation and processing of documents.
- Provide a written decision promptly to the participant in all hearing matters consistent with legal requirements.
- Interpret landlord/tenant law and HUD and HAP regulations.
- Collaborate with social service agencies to assist clients and promote HAN programs.
- Promptly assist clients with information requests.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field; or a combination of education and work experience to perform job duties as described.
- Three years minimum experience in housing or related field.
- Must pass criminal background investigation and driving record review.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities may be considered sufficient. Previous public housing experience is highly desirable
- Ability to understand and administer US Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) regulations, lease agreements, and rental management relating to the Housing Choice Voucher program.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to effectively interact with culturally diverse persons of low income.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with landlords/property managers, other agencies, and the public.
1. Must be physically able to operate a variety of automated office machines including computers, copiers, printers, calculators, etc.
2. Must be able to work, move, or carry objects or materials such as files, computer printouts, reports, calculator, office supplies, etc.
3. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to occasionally lift to 10 pounds.
1. Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to be covered by the HAN’s insurance.
2. Have previous working knowledge of the SACS Software.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change by HAN Management to fit the Mission of the HAN.
Please submit resume, salary requirements and cover letter to email@example.com
FLSA Status: Exempt, FTE: 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
Salary Range: 40,000-50,000; benefit package included.
Housing Authority of Newnan is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel in a manner that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve and National Guard status or characteristic protected by law.
- Job ID
- Job Title
- HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER (HCV) SPECIALIST
- Start Date
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- $40000.00 - $50000.00
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Newnan, GA
- Candace Atkinson
- Phone Number
- (770) 253-6461
- Best Method of Contact