: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
You must be logged in to access this page.
The Policy Analyst plays a critical role in the efficient administration of assisted housing and client service programs for low-income households served by the Houston Housing Authority. The Policy Analyst leverages policy expertise, technology and creativity to collect, analyze, format and present information to residents, voucher holders, Houston Housing Authority leadership, community stakeholders and policy makers. The Policy Analyst’s work improves daily business functions and informs the Houston Housing Authority’s short and long-term decision-making, work plans and business system evaluations. Reports to Senior Policy Advisor.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for collecting, analyzing and presenting data and information from all Houston Housing Authority program areas for use in various plans, reports, and informational collateral including but not limited to various internal and external communication products. • Create and maintain Monthly Reports for the Houston Housing Authority’s Board of Commissioners. • Create and maintain monthly Dashboard Reports for President/CEO. • Produce Annual and Five-Year Plans including but not limited to creating timelines, drafting, proofing, managing the public process and submitting to HUD. • Contribute towards production of Annual Reports. • Create/contribute towards production of regular and special projects, publications and reports. • Develop and execute regular needs-assessments of data collection and data aggregation to maximize impact of data analysis on the Houston Housing Authority’s strategies, policies and procedures. • Work with IT staff to develop and maintain useful data inquiries and effective reports. • Perform impact analyses of proposed policy and/or program reforms. • Perform other duties as assigned and/or required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of federal affordable housing programs, with a focus on the Housing Choice Voucher and public housing programs. • Skilled and experienced at visually presenting qualitative and quantitative data. • Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Power Point. • Uses multiple resources, qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to capture, interpret and communicate information. • Takes a creative approach to translating complex information into “easy-to- understand” visual and narrative representations. • Coordinate communications, meetings and projects vertically and horizontally throughout an organization. • Ability to work simultaneously on several projects. • Ability to prioritize work flows to meet deadlines. • Ability to work independently. • Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships. • Approach work conscientiously and methodically and sees tasks through to completion. • Experience with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop preferred. • Experience with statistical packages (STATA, SPSS, etc.) preferred. • Experience with Geographic Information Systems preferred.
COMPLEXITY / SCOPE OF WORK
• The Policy Analyst performs a wide variety of tasks. • The supervisor determines the course of action, but the employee has discretion to coordinate, integrate and/or prioritize his/her tasks as necessary to produce high quality product in a timely manner.
• The Policy Analyst receives instructions from the Senior Policy Advisor and periodically from the President and CEO. • The supervisor, established procedure or the employee, depending on the assignment, may determine course of action, deadlines and priorities. • The employee initiates routine activities without supervisory direction. • The employee is required to make independent decisions based on Agency goals, strategies and regulatory requirements. • Problems or situations not covered by instructions are normally referred to the supervisor for resolution. • The employee’s work is reviewed for accuracy, completion, and compliance with policies and procedures.
• Personal contacts are with other Houston Housing Authority employees, outside agencies, public housing residents, Housing Choice Voucher holders, applicants and government officials.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Work involves the normal risks or discomforts associated with an office environment but are usually in an area that is adequately cooled, heated, lighted and ventilated.
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Urban Planning, Economics, Graphic Design or related field required. • Three (3) years policy analysis experience, or a combination of education and experience. • A Master’s degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Economics, Graphic Design or Urban Planning strongly preferred. • Bondable. • Valid Texas driver’s license or obtain such within the first thirty (30) days of employment. • Eligibility for coverage under Houston Housing Authority fleet auto insurance.
DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Job ID
- Job Title
- Policy Analyst
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- no minimum salary specified - no maximum salary specified
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Houston, TX
- Hall, Adrienne
- Phone Number
- Best Method of Contact