: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
HCV Program Director
You must be logged in to access this page.
Position: HCV Program Director
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Supervisor: VP of Program Management or Regional Director
The HCV Program Director provides leadership, day-to-day oversight and direction to one or more operational departments. The HCV Program Director is responsible for planning, development, implementation and monitoring of the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program consisting of 2,200 HCV contracts. The incumbent is responsible for interpreting federal, state, and local regulations regarding the implementation of programs, and makes policy recommendations to ensure overall compliance. Additionally, through outstanding leadership, the incumbent works toward meeting department and company performance standards and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor production, quality control, and data integrity of transactions completed by teams
- Ensure teams meet and/or exceed NMA performance standards
- Ensure each team’s compliance with the PHA’s Administrative Plan, Standard Operating Procedures and HUD regulations
- Determine team staffing and training needs; Coordinate and provide appropriate recruiting, training, coaching and leadership
- Ensure timely completion of performance plans, evaluations and disciplinary actions by Supervisors
- Monitor and approve direct staff time sheets
- Ensure teams provide professional and comprehensive customer service to internal and external customers
- Evaluate procedures and processes and provide recommendations for program excellence and performance improvements
- Fosters a culture of customer service excellence
- Promote open communication among teams, departments and divisions
- Provide excellent customer service to participants, owners, co-workers, clients and vendors when required with escalated cases
- Department and Division Strategic Planning
- Budget development, implementation monitoring
- Obtain certification in Housing Choice Voucher Specialist and Executive Management within 180 days of employment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Responsibility for Relationships:
Provide excellent customer service to staff, management and corporate personnel
Provide excellent customer service to clients, vendors, and other stakeholders
This position has the authority to take the following actions for employees being supervised:
Exercises direct leadership over all HCV operations for one or multiple locations, based on the volume and complexity of the assignment.
Operates under the direct general supervision of the VP of Program Management or a Regional Director.
Knowledge and Skills Required
Ability to interpret and implement regulations pertaining to the program. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; must possess strong computer and organizational skills required to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and demands.
Education and Experience Required
Education equivalent to a four-year degree from a regionally accredited institution in Public Administration, Social Science or a closely related field (Master’s Degree preferred). A minimum of five years of progressively responsible work experience, with three years of managerial experience, for a public agency, or related experience in the social service or community service field.
PHM and HCVEM certifications must be obtained within 120 of employment
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Leadership: Provide lead direction on special projects or processes by clearly and effectively setting course of action; and manage efficiency of processes, materials or programs by providing regular feedback and reinforcement to appropriate staff as required.
Performance Excellence: Set high standards of performance; pursue aggressive goals and work hard/smart to achieve them; strive for results and success; convey a sense of urgency and bring issues to closure; and persist despite obstacles and opposition.
Customer Service: Meet/exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; identify, understand, monitor and measure the needs of both internal and external customers; talk and act with customers in mind; and recognize working colleagues as customers.
Effective Communication: Ensure important information is passed to those who need to know; convey necessary information clearly and effectively orally or in writing; demonstrate attention to, and convey understanding of, the comments and questions of others; and listen effectively.
Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance; monitor own work to ensure quality.
Responsiveness and Accountability: Demonstrate a high level of conscientiousness; hold oneself personally responsible for one's own work; and do the required fair share of work.
Integrity: Must abide by strict ethical standards, integrity, objectivity and confidentiality when dealing with client, employee or financial information, and budget analysis and must avoid any personal conflicts of interest.
- Job ID
- Job Title
- HCV Program Director
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- no minimum salary specified - no maximum salary specified
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Tallahassee, FL
- Toriel, Barbara
- Best Method of Contact