: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
You must be logged in to access this page.
Position: HCV Manager Program Affiliation: HCV
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer Salary Range: $53,328-$78,312
Position Type: Exempt Revision Date: 12/17/18
Position Open Until Filled
The incumbent provides work direction and supervisory oversight for Housing Choice Voucher employees involved in wait list activities, occupancy, inspections, Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS), tenant and landlord paperwork processing in the Housing Choice Voucher program. The incumbent reports to the Executive Director. The position is exempt from overtime requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act. The employment relationship is at-will, and the incumbent serves at the pleasure of the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: include, but are not necessarily limited to:
• Oversees day-to-day operations for applicant screening and eligibility determination, as well as annual and interim re-certification for HCV residents. Position is also responsible for rent calculation and changes in personal income, verifying information for accuracy, schedule appointments, communicate/correspond with residents and property owners, and negotiate rental payments with property owners for HCV participants. HCV Manager is responsible for ensuring that inspections are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with Housing Quality Standards (HQS) as outlined in the 24 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). Assign and evaluate work quality and monitor level of productivity among staff. Respond to complaints from applicants, tenants and landlords. Investigate and resolve complaints as appropriate. The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Program is also under the supervision of the HCV Manager.
• Develop and implement procedures within the work group to improve the level of customer satisfaction and employee productivity. Ensure staff compliance with applicable HUD rules and regulations through all phases of the application and re-certification processes.
• Interview and recommend selection of staff. Train new employees on applicable laws, regulations and procedures. Approve leave, request discipline, etc.
• Work with the Executive Director and other management staff to develop long and short term plans for the HCV program. Implement applicable goals and objectives. Write departmental procedures to implement the Administrative Plan. Provide monthly reports regarding activity and production status of team.
• Represent the department with outside organizations, to solicit potential applicants and landlords, resolve complaints, etc.
• Implement and enhance performance measures in order to effectively evaluate staff's performance and improve productivity. Work with other managers and IT to computerize performance tracking, and enhance manual work processes.
• HCV program has a baseline of 1564 vouchers.
• Perform additional duties as assigned (Grant writing, Managing budget, PIC & VMS submissions, etc.)
A Bachelor's degree in an area such as Public Administration, Community Planning, Urban Studies, Business Administration, etc.; or an equivalent combination of education and related working experience.
Demonstrated experience working in a high call volume and production environment with high performance guidelines and stringent deadlines.
Demonstrated strong supervisory ability (two years of supervisory experience required).
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrated skill in using computerized business applications, such as Word, Excel, etc. Touch typing speed on a computer keyboard.
The ability to quickly learn the regulations and policies that govern the Housing Choice Voucher Program, especially admissions and occupancy.
Successful work experience in an assisted housing program, especially the Housing Choice Voucher program.
Personal computer, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone and other basic office equipment.
Must be able to work in a normal office environment, visit inspection sites, use a keyboard and view a computer screen.
Must be able to pass essential certifications with one year of hire:
1. HCV Eligibility & Occupancy Certification
2. HCV Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Certification
3. HCV Financial Management Certification (by end of second year)
The incumbent must possess and maintain a valid driver's license in state of residence, and maintain an insurable driving record under the terms and conditions of the AHA auto liability policy. The incumbent may have no more than 4 accumulated points in 3 consecutive years.
Salary will depend on experience.
Relocation assistance provided for qualified candidates.
Applications are available on the Abilene Housing Authority website at www.abileneha.org. Interested candidates must email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com .
- Job ID
- Job Title
- HCV Manager
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- $53328.00 - $78312.00
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Abilene, TX
- Gene Reed
- Phone Number
- (325) 676-6385
- Best Method of Contact