: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
You must be logged in to access this page.
The purpose of the Procurement Officer position is to oversee all purchases and contracts related to High Point Housing Authority (“HPHA” or “Agency”) projects. The Procurement Officer plans, organizes and coordinates all contract and procurement functions and activities to fulfill the requirements of the HPHA. This position supervises the Purchasing Agent.
All activities must support the Agency’s strategic goals and objectives and produce results that accomplish the goals and functions of the Finance Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
• Plans, implements, directs and manages functions and resources of the department to achieve the strategic objectives of the department and the agency in an efficient and effective manner.
• Prepares, coordinates and administers contracts for the Authority.
• Develops strategic partnerships and contracts with community representatives, external agencies, and other organizations to develop a sense of relevant issues with special attention to emerging e-procurement systems.
• Maintains a comprehensive tracking system of Requests for Proposals (“RFPs”), contracts and projects (Contract Register).
• Ensures that department operations conform with local, state and federal governmental regulations, worker safety and applicable rules and requirements, with special attention to maintaining current procurement policies and procedures to reflect internal and external changes.
• Analyzes price and cost information relating to contracts.
• Prepares modifications (change orders) and extensions to existing contracts as needed.
• Interacts with Agency employees and contractors in coordinating the completion of projects; presents to the Agency and advises on project progress.
• Directs, approves and provides advice in the evaluation and award of competitive solicitations.
• Incorporates federal, state and local procurement policies and procedures into all contracts.
• Resolves purchasing, contracting and vendor claims, controversies and disputes.
• Conducts bid openings and prepares bid tabulations for the bid evaluation and selection process.
• Attends meetings, seminars and trainings, makes decisions, and provides department leadership.
• Arranges and conducts pre-bid conference and meetings.
• Implements the department vision and leads the department for maximum employee productivity and morale.
• Writes and reviews complex bid specifications for materials, equipment and services. Prepares and submits advertisements for the same.
• Prepares and submits reports to management and to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”) on Minority or Women’s Business Enterprise (MWBE) and Section 3 information.
• Approves invoices for payment and submits to Accounts Payable for payment.
• Reviews insurance certificates for appropriate compliance.
• Prepares and presents agenda items to the Board of Commissioners, including contract award recommendations.
• Acts as Administrator for the agency’s Key Pad Alarm Systems
• Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Job Competencies
• Knowledge of the methods, procedures and policies of the HPHA as they pertain to the performance of the essential duties of the Procurement Officer.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of purchasing supplies, materials, and equipment for the Agency.
• Knowledge of the laws, ordinances, standards, and regulations pertaining to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Knowledge of the organization of the department, and of related departments and agencies.
• Understanding of any occupational hazards and adherence to any safety precautions inherent in performing the essential functions of the work.
• Knowledge of terminology and related professional languages used within the department as such pertains to work responsibilities.
• Knows how to maintain cooperative and effective relationships with intra and interdepartmental personnel, as well as any external entities with whom the position interacts.
• Proven application of the principles of supervision, training, motivation, and performance evaluation.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in business administration, or related field. Five (5) years of procurement experience in public housing or other government agency. Two (2) years of previous management experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Supervisory experience required.
EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE
- Job ID
- Job Title
- Procurement Officer
- Start Date
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- no minimum salary specified - no maximum salary specified
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- High Point, NC
- Matthews, Rachael
- Phone Number
- (336) 878-2312
- Best Method of Contact