: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
Fiscal Representative - Management Analyst III
You must be logged in to access this page.
Official Title: Management Analyst III
Functional Title: Fiscal Representative
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston-100 Cambridge Street
Job: Accounting and Finance
Agency: Department of Housing & Community Development
Job Posting: Jan 8, 2019, 5:10:01 PM
Number of Openings: 1
Salary: $60,096.14 - $87,045.14 Yearly
Bargaining Unit: 06-NAGE - Professional Admin.
Requisition #: 19000070
The Fiscal Representative evaluates performance, provides technical assistance, and completes financial compliance monitoring of individual Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP), Community Service Block Grant (CSBG) and Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)-funded community service agencies. He/she provides technical assistance/expertise to internal and external constituencies in the areas of compliance with program regulations, requirements and policies. They evaluate overall community action agency financial statements and provides notice to program managers when an agency(s) financial health may be at risk. He/she provides recommendations to managers to stabilize and improve agency financial health. The Fiscal Representative trains new staff on desk-top compliance and performance review documents, on-site monitoring techniques and use of the prescribed review checklist.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):
1. Evaluate performance of, provide technical assistance to and financial compliance monitoring of individual Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP), Community Service Block Grant (CSBG), Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)-funded community service agencies.
2. Provide technical assistance/expertise to internal and external constituencies in the areas of compliance with program regulations, requirements and policies.
3. Evaluate overall community action agency financial statements and provide notice to program managers when an agency(s) financial health may be at risk. Provide recommendations to managers to stabilize and improve agency financial health.
4. Review Community Action Agency work plan and budgets for Federal Appropriations as assigned for accuracy while ensuring compliance with applicable State and Federal regulations.
5. Prepare accurate and timely spending reports including but not limited to Quarterly and Annual Spending Reports, Annual Survey Report, SF-425 and the Federal Financial Accounting and Transparency Act (FFATA) in compliance with applicable State and Federal Regulations.
6. Establish encumbrance and monitor payments against encumbrances for Federal Appropriations as assigned.
7. Reconcile disbursements against actual expenditures and recoup unexpended funds and ensure that returned funds are appropriately deposited.
8. Track program commitments and expenditures for assigned federal programs.
9. Ensure sufficient funds are available in MMARS. Prepare and review contract and payment documents for accuracy and approval by fiscal and compliance unit budget/accounting manager or director.
10. Prepare vendor set-up packages for all new vendors receiving CSBG special project funding.
11. Receive and provide cross training and gain knowledge of other division programs to provide coverage due to funding increases/decreases with the division's programs, staff vacancies or leave.
12. Other related tasks as assigned.
1. Knowledge of state budgetary and accounting forms and procedures.
2. Knowledge of the organization of state government.
3. Knowledge of Massachusetts Management Accounting and Reporting System (MMARS) and Commonwealth Information Warehouse (CIW).
4. Ability to develop spreadsheets, perform mathematical calculations and analyze data.
5. Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
6. Experience with accounting, audits, and/or monitoring procedures.
The Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is within the Housing and Economic Development Secretariat and its work touches the lives of all Massachusetts residents. DHCD's mission is to strengthen cities, towns and neighborhoods to enhance the quality of life of Massachusetts residents by providing leadership, professional assistance and financial resources to promote safe, decent affordable housing opportunities, economic vitality of communities and sound municipal management.
Please upload resume and cover letter.
Salary placement is determined by years of experience and education directly related to the position and the Human Resources Division’s Recruiting Guidelines.
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division’s Hiring Guidelines. Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must have at least (A) four years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in work simplification, management analysis, program analysis, methods analysis, economic analysis, fiscal analysis, financial analysis, budget analysis, program administration, or program management or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. A Bachelor's degree with a major in business administration, business management, public administration, industrial engineering or industrial management may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the required experience.*
II. A Graduate degree with a major in business administration, budget management, public administration, industrial engineering or industrial management may be substituted for a maximum of three years of the required experience.*
III. A Bachelor's degree or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management, public administration, industrial engineering or industrial management may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
NOTE: Educational substitutions will be permitted for a maximum of three years of the required experience.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: Nancy DePaul - 617-573-1100
HOW TO APPLY
Create profile and apply online at https://massanf.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=19000070
- Job ID
- Job Title
- Fiscal Representative - Management Analyst III
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- $60096.14 - $87045.14
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Boston, MA