: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
Chief Operating Officer
You must be logged in to access this page.
Summary: In partnership with the Executive Director, the Chief Operations Officer will provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the Agency has the proper operational controls, administrative, reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the Agency. Working with each member of the Executive team the COO is charged with ensuring financial strength in all programs and operations by implementing the Authority’s strategic initiatives and overseeing the Operations Division. The incumbent will serve as the second in command using his/her working knowledge of managing and maintaining housing units, rent subsidy programs, and public safety procedures to ensure that Operations programs run effectively and in accordance with all applicable federal, state, local, HUD and HACP regulations.
All activities must support the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (“HACP” or “Authority”) mission, strategic goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
- Lead the execution of strategies developed by the Executive Committee and other applicable partners; including the Board of Director’s to ensure the Executive Director’s vision is a reality. Provide day-to-day leadership and management to team members
- Manage the work of staff including: assigning, planning, and reviewing work, evaluating work performance and completing performance evaluations, coordinating activities, maintaining standards, allocating personnel, selecting new employees, conducting and identifying division training needs, acting on employee problems, and recommending and implementing discipline.
- Develop and implement goals, procedures, reporting and monitoring systems for: the Authority’s rental management programs, including senior and family communities and handicap accessible units; the Section 8 program; Authority occupancy responsibilities; maintenance functions; and safety and security.
- In partnership with other Divisions, leads specific strategic initiatives, assess organizational needs, and plan for ongoing development and expansion
- Ensures that all areas of responsibility comply with federal, state, local, and HACP laws and regulations to include; a working knowledge of government policy, local and national housing initiatives and programs.
- Directs, oversees and participates in the development of department work plans; identifies and communicates comprehensive performance standards to meet objectives. This includes; ensuring LIPH rental units are properly managed and maintained, preventative maintenance standards are in place to prevent work order backlog and deficient audit findings.
- Develops budgets to support Operations programs; monitors budget adherence and collaborate with executive and senior management to ensure accountability.
- Assists department heads in the correction of performance deficiencies; implements the disciplinary process as required, in accordance with HACP policies.
- Develops and recommends new approaches to service delivery as it relates to Operations initiatives; ensures Authority-wide communication and coordination in regards to the same. Ensures that staff understand Agency goals and works with a high level of efficiency, effectiveness, timeliness and teamwork.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the Agency.
- Serve as a critical representative of the Agency with residents, clients, investors, and business partners.
- Motivate and lead a high performance management team; spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all internal and external processes to include superior customer service delivery.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the Agency while maintaining control of diverse business operations.
- Develops and maintains cooperative relationships with resident organizations, demonstrating an understanding of and respect for diverse incomes and cultural backgrounds.
- Serves as policy and program advisor to the Executive Director regarding rental management programs; participates with executive management in conducting strategic planning; coordinates activities in line with other Authority goals and objectives.
- Delivers verbal presentations and written reports related to Operations activities for the Executive Director’s review and approval; delivers presentation to HACP’s Board of Directors.
- Assists in reviewing ACCs; updates records for new and renewal funding.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in business administration, finance, public administration, or related field and a minimum of 7 years of senior level responsibility in an operations, project management, finance, administrative and/or sales and marketing role. Must possess a proven track record in successfully managing multiple departments and projects.
The selected candidate must demonstrate and maintain the following competencies: Solid leadership, organizational development, strategic thinking, conflict resolution, business and financial acumen, communication and results driven. Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and be insurable under the Authority’s plan.
To perform this job successfully, the employee should have strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook and Project Management. Proficiency in Google Docs a plus. Must have the ability to learn other computer software programs as required by assigned tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position. Daily movements include sitting; standing; operating computers and other office equipment; moving about the office; and attending onsite and offsite meetings. The employee must be able to communicate via email and verbally via telephone. The employee must occasionally transport up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CITY OF PITTSBURGH RESIDENCY REQUIRED
- Job ID
- Job Title
- Chief Operating Officer
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- no minimum salary specified - no maximum salary specified
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Aivaliotis, Erica
- Phone Number
- (412) 456-5085
- Best Method of Contact