: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
Chief Development Officer
You must be logged in to access this page.
The primary purpose of this position is to plan, direct, and review the activities and operations of the Development & Modernization Department as well as oversee the long term strategic planning of the Authority. The incumbent will coordinate Moving-to-Work plans and activities, promote private / public sector relationships that enhance the Authorities goals and objectives, and promote economic development activities.
All activities must support the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (“HACP” or “Authority”) mission, strategic goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
- Manages the work of staff including: assigning, planning, and reviewing work, evaluating work performance and completing performance evaluations, coordinating activities, maintaining standards, allocating personnel, selecting new employees, training, acting on employee problems, and recommending and implementing discipline.
- Develops and implements goals, objectives, policies, procedures, performance objectives and standards, and reporting systems in conjunction with other departments of the Authority and with regulatory and funding agencies.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates the Development & Modernization department, Moving-to-Work Program, private/public sector partnerships, and economic development programs; deploys plans to most efficiently deliver services.
- Directs, oversees, and participates in the development of department work plans.
- Develops and monitors operating and capital improvement budgets working with the CFO and the Executive Director.
- Develops and recommends new approaches to service delivery within the areas of responsibility and assures coordination and communication Authority-wide
- Develops and maintains cooperative relationships and regularly consults with tenant / resident organizations in a manner which demonstrates an understanding of, and respect for, diverse incomes and cultural backgrounds.
- Serves as policy and program advisor to the Executive Director regarding development activities, strategic planning, and other Authority-wide complex issues; delivers verbal presentations and written reports, and prepares resolutions in area off responsibility for Executive Director’s review and approval and presentation to HACP’s Board of Directors.
- Reviews ACCs and update records for new and renewal funding related to area of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, public administration, or other related field and a minimum of 7 years experience in neighborhood and community development activities, with 3 years in a senior level administrative capacity. Master’s Degree preferred. Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and be insurable under the Authority’s plan. Must be a resident of the City of Pittsburgh.
To perform this job successfully, the employee should have strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook). Must have the ability to learn other computer software programs as required by assigned tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position. Daily movements include sitting; standing; operating computers and other office equipment; moving about the office; and attending onsite and offsite meetings. The employee must be able to communicate via email and verbally via telephone. The employee must occasionally transport up to 25 pounds.
CITY OF PITTSBURGH RESIDENCY REQUIRED
- Job ID
- Job Title
- Chief Development Officer
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- no minimum salary specified - no maximum salary specified
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Aivaliotis, Erica
- Phone Number
- (412) 456-5085
- Best Method of Contact