: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
Chief Personnel/Public Relations Officer
You must be logged in to access this page.
The purpose of the Chief Personnel and Public Relations Officer position is to direct, plan, and administer all High Point Housing Authority’s (“HPHA” or “Agency”) personnel policies and procedures as they relate to the Agency planning and human resources functions, as well as to serve as the media contact for the Agency.
As a member of the executive team, the Chief Personnel and Public Relations Officer performs a variety of administrative and supervisory duties, including but not limited to; developing and administering personnel policies, programs, and regulations in accordance with applicable laws and regulations; developing and/or interpreting personnel policies and procedures; receiving and addressing employee concerns and grievances; collating planning components from other divisions and assembling them into comprehensive plans for accomplishing the mission of the Agency; reporting to various government or oversight agencies; researching, recommending, administering benefits and programs; assisting in the preparation of the annual budget; maintaining personnel records; drafting press releases, directing media relations, and internal newsletter development.
Participates in pre-employment interviews, supervises, evaluates performance and trains staff. 24/7 on-call duty is required.
All activities must support the Agency’s strategic goals and objectives and produce results that accomplish the goals and functions assigned to the Human Resources Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serves as the planner for the Agency, working closely with the other members of the executive team.
• Directs, plans, and administers all phases of human resources for the HPHA.
• Develops and administers personnel policies, programs, rules, and regulations in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, and procedures; conducts necessary research.
• Recommends amendments to existing policies or writes new policies, as appropriate.
• Interprets personnel rules and regulations for executive team and employees.
• Receives and addresses employee concerns and grievances; advises executive team and employees.
• Administers and monitors compliance with such policies or legal requirements as Fair Labor Standards, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”) guidelines, etc.; prepares and submits records and reports as required by federal and/or state governing agencies.
• Develops recruitment program; develops and maintains sources of qualified applicants.
• Researches, recommends, and administers benefits programs; ensures acquisition and maintenance of all adequate insurance coverage; prepares payment requests for insurance premiums.
• Maintains personnel records of all employees.
• Provides confirmation of past employment; oversees the maintenance of classification plan and comparability studies; prepares maintenance wage rate surveys; places employment ads.
• Develops and administers special projects as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”).
• Oversees and participates in interviews for all positions.
• Serves as witness and advisor for all disciplinary actions.
• Serves as designee of CEO for employee involuntary terminations.
• Responds to all EEOC charges, ESC hearings, and other legal matters relating to human resources.
• Serves as administrator for evaluation system.
• Serves as Hearing Officer and Preliminary Settlement Official for all Section 8 and Public Housing hearings and preliminary settlement meetings.
• Administers the safety program.
• Responsible for completion of Agency Annual Plan and submission to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”).
• Responsible for completion of Agency Annual Report and submission to Mayor of City of High Point.
• Maintains COBRA records.
• Conducts community fundraisers for Agency contributions, i.e. United Way, etc.
• Organizes special events for the Agency.
• Serves as editor of Agency newsletter.
• Writes and submits all news releases to local media as well as to national publications.
• Serves as back-up to Chief Executive Officer’s Executive Assistant to assist in the preparation and organization of monthly Board meetings, i.e. prepare agenda, agenda notebooks an comments of Board meetings; assembles packages for Board members and attorney; coordinates distribution of Board data and Board meeting notices; arranges meetings of Board; calls Board and attorney to remind about meetings.
• Notarizes documents as necessary
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or closely related field, Master’s degree preferred. Five (5) years of previous experience and/or training that includes human resource experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Excellent benefit package.
- Job ID
- Job Title
- Chief Personnel/Public Relations Officer
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- no minimum salary specified - no maximum salary specified
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- High Point, NC
- Matthews, Rachael
- Phone Number
- (336) 878-2312
- Best Method of Contact