: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
You must be logged in to access this page.
HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER ADMINISTRATOR
POSITION SUMMARY: The Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Administrator provides leadership, day-to-day oversight, planning and direction to the HCV departments. The HCV Administrator is responsible for planning, development, implementation and monitoring of the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program including FSS and HCV Homeownership consisting of 1337 HCV contracts and VASH. The agency is preparing for a transition to RAD and will ultimately administer Project Based Vouchers. The incumbent is responsible for interpreting and applying federal, state, and local regulations regarding the implementation of programs, and makes policy recommendations to ensure overall compliance. The incumbent works toward meeting department and company performance standards and goals. Responsible for related planning, organizing, delivering, monitoring and reporting to ensure compliance with Section 8 Management Assessment Program (SEMAP) and Agency Plan performance criteria and other relevant performance measures. Must be proficient in Windows operating system and MS Office software including Word and Excel, and able to operate internet applications and email as well as external vendors' and applicable proprietary software programs including Yardi and HACDB software.
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Monitor production, quality control, and data integrity of transactions completed by staff.
2. Ensure compliance with the PHA‘s Administrative Plan, Standard Operating Procedures and HUD regulations.
3. Determine staffing and training needs; Coordinate and provide appropriate recruiting, training, coaching and leadership.
4. Ensure timely completion of performance plans, evaluations and disciplinary actions.
5. Monitor and approve direct staff time sheets.
6. Ensure professional and comprehensive customer service to internal and external customers.
7. Evaluate procedures and processes and provide recommendations for program excellence and performance improvements.
8. Budget development, implementation monitoring.
9. Appropriately escalates information to Deputy Chief & Compliance Officer.
10. All other duties as assigned.
RELATED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists on various projects and review of reports.
2. Responsible for all HCV office files and records.
3. Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Executive team with the direction from the Deputy Chief & Compliance Officer and other management as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of HUD/PHA regulations and the HCV program.
2. Ability to read, interpret and understand and apply regulations, Federal, State, local laws and codes.
3. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders, internal and external customers.
4. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Possess good mathematic/quantitative skills.
5. Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
6. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, including: Excel, Word, Outlook strongly preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education equivalent to a four-year degree from a regionally accredited institution in a relevant field. A minimum of five years experience directly responsible for a high performing HCV program.
1. Must be bondable.
2. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher.
3. Must have the ability to work with confidential information.
4. Possession of a valid Florida motor vehicle operator’s license within 6 months of hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however while performing the duties of this job. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and typical hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Direct supervisory responsibilities of multiple direct reports.
Travel may be required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is not to be interpreted as creating a contract for employment, expressed or implied, between Daytona Beach Housing Authority and any employee. DBHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, handicap or disability, national origin or familial status.
- Job ID
- Job Title
- HCV Administrator
- Start Date
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- no minimum salary specified - no maximum salary specified
- Min. Education
- Bachelor of Arts
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Daytona Beach, FL
- Bottoms, Shirley - HR Generalist
- Phone Number
- (386) 523-5653
- Best Method of Contact