: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
You must be logged in to access this page.
Performs professional accounting work of considerable difficulty and supervises staff members engaged in all facets of accounting for the Longmont Housing Authority (LHA). Establishes accounting policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. Responsible for the overall integrity and accuracy of the accounting system in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Analyses operating performance against plans, trends, budgets or other standards and provides advice to management deemed appropriate or requested. Performs related work as required or assigned. This position reports to the Executive Director and collaborates frequently with Management and other LHA staff.
Position is scheduled to work 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
Longmont Housing Authority is committed to being the leader in the provision of affordable housing for the City of Longmont and is dedicated to hiring team members who: strive for personal professional excellence; uphold the highest standards of ethical behavior; serve the public and fellow team members with courtesy, enthusiasm, and dedication; and make a noticeable contribution toward a high standard of service that LHA provides to its community.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
1. Accounting & Financial Statements
- Oversee all phases of Revenues & Expenditures, General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Fixed Asset Management, Balance Sheets, Grants and Contracts Reporting, and Fiscal Period Closings.
- Monitors and controls an effective accounting system which provides various levels of management with appropriate and accurate financial reporting of operations in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
- Performs month-end/quarter-end/year-end closing of books for LHA and all related or managed entities by established deadlines.
- Primary responsibility for preparation of financial statements for the LHA and all related or managed entities.
- Primary responsibility for completion of required financial reports for funding agencies.
- Prepares, by the deadline, all applicable reports, financial and budget records and any other reports deemed necessary.
- Responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of all financial records and reports for all LHA programs. Coordinates external audits and all compliance reporting.
- Able to prepare financial reports for LHA executives, board and funding agencies in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Capable of preparing cost allocation plans, and fringe benefits management plans.
- Primary responsibility for preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the LHA and other reports as assigned.
- Ensures consistent, reliable and timely financial information for entities assigned is disseminated to the financial statement users and executive management team.
- Prepares the Schedule of Federal Financial Assistance for monthly financial statement presentation and inclusion in annual audit.
- Primary responsibility for timely completion of the month end close process for all LHA entities.
- Oversees Accounting division.
- Prepare and/or review account analyses, monthly analytical reviews of balance sheets and income statements, and budget variances.
- Prepare and post journal entries as required.
- Reconcile and maintain comprehensive records for all general ledger balance sheet accounts for areas assigned.
- Primary responsibility for preparation, oversight, review and verification of accuracy of financial statements, explanatory notes and schedules for audit use for LHA and all related or managed entities.
- Assist in managing the relationship with internal and external auditors, consultants, federal regulatory agencies, suppliers and other entities necessary for the cordial business functions of LHA and all related or managed entities.
3. Federal Program Accounting & Compliance
- Follows Longmont Housing Authority, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and Colorado Housing and Finance Authority (CHFA) policies, procedures, rules and regulations, where applicable.
- Ensures compliance with HUD and other regulators.
- Primary responsibility for completion of required financial reports for funding agencies, including primary responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of data maintained in the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) system for all managed entities.
- Primary responsibility for internal controls, accuracy and timeliness of required financial information in all other federal reporting systems including, but not limited to, the Voucher Management System (VMS) and the Line of Credit Control System (LOCCS).
- Makes recommendations for maximization of HUD scoring based on best practices in budget and financial management.
- Directly involved in preparation of annual operating budgets, reviews of budget proposals, and preparation of supporting documentation and justification.
- Assist in preparation of the budgets for new program proposals, ongoing assessment of spending progress throughout the duration of existing programs, planning for additional personnel and space needs based on proposals.
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast agency business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Analyze operating performance against plans, trends, budgets and other standards in a timely manner.
5. Accounting System
- Primary responsibility for identifying and implementing full capabilities of the accounting software to gain maximum efficiencies from the system.
- Develops goals and objectives related to efficiency of accounting systems and procedures.
- Reviews and develops improvements to accounting internal control systems.
- Capable of installing and maintaining computerized financial information system.
- Analyze and design accounting systems if required.
6. Internal Controls
- Ensure proper documentation and audit trails for all accounting transactions.
- Establish internal control systems to assure the protection of assets.
- Coaches, instructs and conducts performance evaluations of Accounting Department staff.
- Provides appropriate training for staff.
- Maintain a team oriented environment, encourage a strong work ethic and be committed to improving the educational opportunity of the staff consistent with LHA policies and directives.
- Displays leadership quality and the ability to manage all situations.
- Responsible for cross-training and technical assistance to other accounting staff, as required.
Preferred Qualifications & Requirements
- CPA Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar field
- Government accounting experience and thorough knowledge of governmental procurement policies and procedures
- Considerable knowledge of the financial reporting and accounting practices associated with the receipt and expenditure of HUD funds for the Housing Choice Voucher program
- Criminal background check is required
- Requires a valid Colorado Driver’s License and the ability to be insured at standard rates
- Ability to pass criminal background checks and pre-placement drug test
- Ability to pass an annual criminal background check
This position works in an office setting requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 20 pounds, occasional lifting, carrying, walking, bending and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination and finger dexterity to operate personal computer and office equipment, vision acuity, speech and hearing.
Standard indoor office environment. Primary office at LHA administrative offices with regular visits to properties. Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Position requires attendance at meetings in office and outside agency, including evening meetings.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Longmont Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel in a manner that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve and National Guard status or characteristic protected by law.
- Job ID
- Job Title
- Start Date
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- no minimum salary specified - no maximum salary specified
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Longmont, CO
- Melissa Chatwell
- Phone Number
- (303) 651-8381
- Best Method of Contact