: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
Public Housing Manager
You must be logged in to access this page.
Under limited supervision, performs professional, administrative, and supervisory work in supervising, directing, and administering activities and functions of the Public Housing Department. Work involves ensuring compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and requirements. Reports to Public Housing Director.
- Supervises department employees which involves such duties as instructing, assigning and reviewing work, maintaining standards, acting on employee problems, selecting new employees, appraising employee performance, recommending promotions, discipline, termination and salary increases.
- Supervises and conducts performance evaluation on assigned staff.
- Trains staff members.
- Conducts staff meetings; provides feedback.
- Prepares and submits time sheets on all assigned employees.
- Moves tenants in and out of public housing.
- Conducts final walk through of property before a move in and final inspection when occupants move out to assess damages.
- Counsels tenants on resident responsibilities.
- Performs the collection of rent and prepares the deposit of rents collected.
- Address tenants concerning rents due.
- Charge tenant’s late fees for payments made after the due date.
- Conducts annual re-examinations on tenants.
- Prepares and delivers eviction notices.
- Implements actions to begin eviction process; provides witness testimonies during judicial proceedings.
- Meets with law enforcement agents to resolve criminal activities in the complex.
- Monitors and assures curb appeal meets standards.
- Conducts daily walk through of property to assure safety and cleanliness of common areas and grounds.
- Take work orders called by tenants; enters work orders into the computer.
- Monitors work order status to assure repairs and preventative maintenance is timely.
- Check and verify randomly completed work orders.
- Works with the resident association to expeditiously resolve complaints and concerns.
- Meets with tenants one on one and in groups to resolve conflicts and issues.
- Approves and/or disapproves installations of ceiling fans, cable television, and telephone.
- Counsels and motivates tenants on the importance of obtaining and maintaining employment.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the Public Housing Director, tenants, police, children and families, child support organizations, banks, and the general public.
- Tags and arranges tow for vehicles that are in violation of the Orlando Housing Authority parking policy.
- Maintains a petty cash fund.
- Gathers and enters data in the computer.
- Order supplies.
- Requests public records.
- Reviews daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Receives and/or reviews various records and reports, including EIV, 1722, employment verification form, TANF letters, and child support forms.
- Prepares and/or processes various records and reports including DSO, monthly performance report, site activity report, UVL, and daily vacancy report.
- Refers to accounts receivable balance, UVL, work order monthly report, 50058, tenant file, policy and procedure manuals, codes/laws/regulations, publications and reference texts, etc.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as a computer, telephone, printer, etc.
- Uses general office and computer supplies. Uses a variety of computer software such as EIU, TASS, Work Number, ECS, Microsoft Office, etc.
Additional Job Functions
- Performs general administrative/clerical work as required, including, but not limited to, attending and conducting meetings, preparing reports and correspondence, copying documents, compiling data for reports, etc.
- Performs other tasks as required. The above-listed duties are only illustrative and are not intended to describe every function, which may be performed, by this position. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed, if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Psychology, Public Administration, or related field supplemented by nine to twelve (9-12) months of responsible administrative experience in public housing or related field.
- Must have or be able to obtain certification as a Public Housing Manager.
- Must reside within 25-mile radius of OHA Central Office.
- Requires possession and maintenance of a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Job ID
- Job Title
- Public Housing Manager
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- no minimum salary specified - no maximum salary specified
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Orlando, FL
- Diane Martin-Johnson
- Phone Number
- (813) 986-4441
- Best Method of Contact