: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
Housing Stabilization Coordinator
You must be logged in to access this page.
POSITION: Housing Stabilization Prog. Coord. FLSA: Exempt DATE: 02/19
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director DEPT/DIV: LHRS GRADE: B3-2
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
• Offer fair, affordable and innovative lending programs.
• Provide housing related education to consumers and others.
• Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
• Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
• Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing uses its resources to provide low-interest loans, grants, education and assistance to help Rhode Islanders find, rent, buy, build and keep a good home. Created by the General Assembly in 1973, RIHousing is a privately funded public purpose corporation.
RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and a deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.
This position is responsible for providing program support by responding to internal requests for coordination of services for RIHousing-involved tenants who are at-risk of eviction. The essential scope of work includes referring constituents to relevant community providers such as, Community Action Programs that offer financial or other resources to prevent homelessness. The incumbent will outreach to the community and stay abreast of resources available to avoid termination of current tenancy and prevent homelessness, including energy assistance programs, rental assistance, healthcare, food insecurity, etc., for extremely low-income Rhode Islanders. Lastly, the incumbent will cultivate relationships with private landlords and property owners to promote participation in RIHousing administered programs.
- Coordinate the services and activities of the Housing Stabilization Program, including opportunities for growth and day-to-day functions.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with Community Action Programs and the Department of Human Services to stay fully-informed of opportunities for extremely low-income, vulnerable tenants.
- Link and coordinate services to prevent eviction and/or homelessness.
- Increase the capacity of privately-held landlords participating in RIHousing programs that target extremely low-income residents.
- Develop working relationships with landlords and property managers to locate vacancies and incentivize participation in RIHousing administered programs
- Support the implementation and promotion of HomelocatorRI.net.
- Work with internal staff and other housing resource and referral providers to update information and coordinate appropriate assistance and serviced as needed.
- Provide support for other RIHousing department’s clients with referral activities to relevant service providers/agencies as needed.
- Perform special projects, serve on task forces or make presentations as directed.
- Minimum five years of experience in social services including program management and resource referral responsibilities
- Understanding of poverty and its effect on individuals and families
- Experience working with low-income families/individuals preferably with those facing eviction or foreclosure
- Highly organized with the ability to complete assignments autonomously and in a timely manner, involving community stakeholder’s when appropriate
- Ability to travel throughout the state of Rhode Island
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bilingual ability preferred (particularly Spanish or Portuguese)
- Strong organizational, computer and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, sociology or related field; and/or equivalent work experience required
- Ability to exercise mature judgement and address different audiences appropriately
Resume & Cover Letter Needed
Please visit https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=4ad8ef9b-d46b-4850-a6d3-857af96d30e2&jobId=154718&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001
www.rihousing.com > Career Opportunities
- Job ID
- Job Title
- Housing Stabilization Coordinator
- Start Date
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- $24.20 - $33.88
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Providence, RI
- DeSilva, Dawn
- Phone Number
- (401) 457-1176
- Best Method of Contact