: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
Director of Housing Operations
You must be logged in to access this page.
DIRECTOR OF HOUSING OPERATIONS
The Director of Housing Operations coordinates all aspects of site-based asset management for Daytona Beach Housing Authority (DBHA) properties included in the portfolio of the Housing Operations Division of DBHA as well as Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV), Mod-Rehabilitation, Tax Credit properties, Home ownership, Capital Fund and all other HUD or Public Housing Authority funded housing programs.
- Manages and coordinates all aspects of site-based asset management for public housing properties included in the portfolio of the Housing Operations Division of DBHA as well as responsibility for daily management of Housing Choice Vouchers, Mod- Rehabilitation, Tax Credit property, Home ownership and other HUD or PHA funded housing program including, but not limited to:
- Management of the Capital Fund program.
- Supervises program staff in day-to-day management activities of Public Housing, HCV, DBHA Mixed-finance/LIHTC, Mod-Rehabilitation, Homeownership, and other PHA developments.
- Plan, develop and implement policies and procedures that will insure the DBHA and its residents or participants meet all HUD and IRC regulatory requirements pertaining to the operation and occupancy of public, elderly/disabled, mixed-finance (layered-subsidy) low-income housing, HCV, or other PHA housing programs. Improve living conditions for our residents or participants and participants, along with monitoring the operations and budget aspects of the programs to protect and preserve the PHAs assets and programs, and insure long-term viability of the developments, or programs, including, but not limited to, marketing, leasing, occupancy (initial, resident receivables, maintenance, capital improvements and HUD / LIHTC Compliance.
- Provide training on the use of various HUD reporting systems, software system, HUD and internal policies and procedures.
MAJOR TASKS AND AREA OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and monitor operations of DBHA owned and managed housing inventory and housing programs to insure that programs operate in compliance with HUD and IRC regulatory provisions governing the same, including conformance to owner goals as set forth in the Annual Plan and Management Agreement.
- Oversee and monitor accuracy in the implementation of data, reporting and tenant information of the HCV Program into the Authority's computer system. Areas of major priority: Waiting list, initial and annual examinations, Housing Assistance Payments Register, Residents or Participants Register, etc. Must have thorough knowledge and ability to learn HUD and internal software and hardware computer programs, so as to maximize efficiency in program operations.
- Oversee the coordination of the submission of monthly and quarterly HCV Housing Program reports in a timely manner to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or designees as provided by the CEO, Board of Commissioners, and/or HUD.
- Oversee re-examinations of HCV Housing Program voucher holders to insure compliance with SEMAP requirements. Must ensure all re-examinations are performed monthly at a 98% completion rate.
- Responsible for 100% completion of updates to the Administrative Plan and policies in conjunction with the HCV Manager; and CEO and/or designee for submission to the Board of
- Commissioners for approval. Must ensure Federal regulatory provisions governing program operations are included and periodically updated in Administrative Plan and policies.
- Oversee and monitor the resolution process related to escalated cases, grievances, complaints and determine course of action in conjunction with the HCV Manager / CEO and/or designee. Escalations may involve applicants, voucher holders, landlords and/or other internal or external third parties. Decisions or resolutions must be based on Federal regulatory provisions and the Administrative Plan and properly documented in the computer system and tenant file.
- Assist department supervisors and site staff in coordination and implementation of resident initiatives and services in reference with HUD and LIHTC requirements.
- Assist department supervisors in providing support to on-site management and maintenance staff in implementation of unit turnover within approved timelines, marketing, leasing and resident retention activities to maintain a 3% or less annual vacancy rate.
- Assist department coordinators in supervision of site staff in implementation of collection policies and activities to maintain 5% or less in annual resident receivables. Participate in resident counseling as needed, executing repayment agreements when necessary and provide support to on-site staff.
- Manages and coordinates department supervisors in the creation, review and approval of all budgets for site-based asset management.
- Assist department staff with the periodic review of policies, procedures and governing regulations to determine if new rules and/or policies have been implemented that would necessitate changes to applicable DBHA Policies & Procedures, Annual and Five Year Plans, Admissions and Continued Occupancy Plan( ACOP) and/or Administration Plan, etc. Approve modifications to processes, procedures, letters and policies as needed, work in conjunction with other staff to insure efficient implementation and effective enforcement of changes as needed and insuring that the newest policies, procedures, etc. are posted or available to the public for review and/or comment at the central and all satellite management offices, as applicable. Initiate any DBHA Board Actions, as applicable or assigned.
- Provide support and work in cooperation with department supervisors, on-site staff, law enforcement, third parties and other resources to identify problem residents or participants; support staff in the collection of historical data in support of management decisions; review and approve or disapprove actions that could result in a lease termination and/or eviction and follow through with the eviction process as needed. When necessary, assist department coordinator and site manager with cases that may require the DBHA attorney’s involvement.
- Develop and conduct a grievance and hearing panel in accordance with HUD regulations governing the public housing and HCV programs. May act as a Hearing Officer for the applicable DBHA grievance procedure/process as related to the Public Housing or Project-based Voucher clients within the housing operations portfolio.
- Assist department supervisors, on-site staff and residents or participants in the implementation of an on-going plan to improve social conditions within the community, utilizing all available means and partnerships with other community agencies and organizations.
- Assist department directors and site staff with the development and implementation of a Resident Safety Education Program designed to reduce safety hazards, including but not limited to, emergency procedures for accidents such as fires, gas leaks, heating and electrical disruptions and other emergencies as they may develop.
- Assist department coordinators and site staffs with the implementation and enforcement of a Resident Fraud and Abuse Program incorporating rent review, periodic verifications, tenant/resident/landlord investigations, counseling, prosecution, etc. to deter and/or prevent the same within the HUD and LIHTC programs as applicable and ensure residents or participants are paying the appropriate rents based upon program requirements.
- Supervise the Capital Fund program staff, insuring that all obligations and expenditures are met. Work with capital and site staff to develop a capital budget in support of the public housing assets. Monitor the award of capital contracts and/or manage all associated work plan(s) as directed by Federal rules and regulations governing same, and in accordance with DBHA policies.
- Responsible for compliance by department supervisors for the on-site management and maintenance staff periodic inspections of the development buildings, grounds, systems and units to identify problem areas; recommend and follow through with implementation of short or long-term corrective actions as applicable; assist in development and implementation of a site-based Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Ensures coordination and compliance with appropriate regulatory agencies, as needed, for annual UPCS, HQS and REAC Inspections; follow-up on corrective actions, as applicable. Completes and manages program staff for 100% completion of annual /UPCS and HCV inspections and 10% QC inspections and completed timely work plans for successful REAC inspection scores.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual compliance reports to supervisors, owners, executive staff, DBHA Board of Commissioners, CEO and HUD, as applicable.
- Coordinate with IT, Finance and HCV staff, as applicable, for timely submission of PIC and VMS data as related to Housing Operations inventory.
- Perform bi-annual and annual evaluations on all assigned departmental staff. Ensure evaluations are performed in a timely, accurate, comprehensive and objective manner and in accordance with human resources practices and principles.
- Coordinate with other agency departments to provide management-related documents and information about the Daytona Beach Housing Authority, resident and management responsibilities, etc. to ensure the continued growth of the Housing Operations unit inventory of DBHA.
- Work with local media (radio, television, newspapers) and pursue objectives supporting a positive image of DBHA. Identify accomplishments and issues of importance to be highlighted in the community; major improvements and changes in areas of rehabilitation/modernization, social programs, resident projects, funding authorization, etc.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Deputy and CEO.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of HUD 24 CFR's, HCV (HCV) and Public Housing eligibility requirements, HUD 4350.3 and Section 42 Internal Revenue Code - LIHTC Compliance related to affordable housing management.
- Knowledge of HCV, HQS, Public Housing UPCS and REAC Inspection requirements, ability to monitor inspections and train site staff in same.
- Ability to make mathematical computations quickly and accurately; maintain clear and accurate records; ability to compose reports and presentations for superiors and other parties to communicate ideas clearly.
- Prepares a monthly Management Information Systems report which reflects the PHA’s, SEMAP, LIHTC, or other program data relative to applicable measurement that result in scoring or funding outcomes.
- Ability to analyze organizational needs, requirements and prepare recommendations, train staff as needed. Ability to coordinate the work of departmental staff and delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Working knowledge of administrative procedures and equipment; strong computer skills, strong skills in oral and written communication.
VIL Considerable knowledge of research techniques, information resources, information evaluation and reporting techniques including processes and/or forms for correct implementation (HUD and LIHTC Regulatory Compliance).
- Working knowledge of Florida State Housing Finance and HUD Management Review processes. Familiarity with SEMAP and PHAS evaluation processes in support of the HCV, Public Housing, Finance and Construction Services.
- Ability to exercise judgment, tact and diplomacy; ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, employees, representatives of other organizations, regulatory agencies and the general public.
- Strong work habits that include setting priorities and planning strategies; setting a positive example for other DBHA staff.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Public or Business Administration or Social Sciences degree plus five years of managerial experience; any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Minimum seven years supervisory experience in market rate and/or affordable housing property management of multiple business lines or programs. Must be certified or able to obtain certifications in Affordable Housing Management, Public or Sec. 8 Housing, Low Income Housing Tax Credit, Florida Property Manager License, and other industry-related management components as required within 12 months of employment.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver's License to operate a vehicle from the DBHA pool.
- Must be insurable by the Authority's fleet insurance carrier.
- Must be bondable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however while performing the duties of this job. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and typical hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position is responsible for the direct and some indirect supervision of all employees in the housing operations department.
Travel may be required.
REQUIREMENT: Please submit a current resume, salary requirements and letter of interest for this position to Shirley Bottoms at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 386-523-2621 by March 31, 2019.
- Job ID
- Job Title
- Director of Housing Operations
- Start Date
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- no minimum salary specified - no maximum salary specified
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Daytona Beach, FL
- Shirley Bottoms
- Phone Number
- (386) 523-5653
- Best Method of Contact