: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
You must be logged in to access this page.
This position is responsible for a wide range of activities related to Multifamily HAP Voucher processing, including accurate review, approval, and data entry, duties as outlined in the Annual Contributions Contract (ACC). Additional requirements include achieving employee performance goals, support to team members to ensure all work is completed within specified time frames, and ensuring high levels of customer service delivery from staff at all times. Under the supervision of the Sr. Voucher Manager, the Voucher Specialist is responsible for both, the monthly review, approval and payment of Special Claims according to program guidelines. The Voucher Specialist will work with the Sr. Voucher Manager,on Special Projects, New Business Lines, Training and Development, and other department tasks as assigned.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
1. Review and approve all assigned HAP voucher billing, files, and special claims upon receipt. Review gross rent implementations; calculations for any assessed penalties or offsets; and verify amounts for approved special claims request, miscellaneous requests and repayment agreements prior to approving the voucher. Analyze retroactive adjustments on monthly voucher billing and compare against prior month’s voucher approval to determine accuracy and validity of unit count and voucher billing requested amount. Ensures that all requirements are met relating to HAP vouchers as outlined in the Annual Contributions Contract.
2. Routinely contact owner/agents within assigned portfolio to provide reminders of voucher deadlines and requirements, and tenant file inquiries.
3. Provide technical support to owner/agents regarding errors contained in HUD electronic tenant data files and develop solutions for properties to correct errors on transmissions of tenant file and/or voucher.
4. Monthly monitor owner/agent follow-up efforts on discrepancies identified through TRACS and internal reviews, and all outstanding voucher corrections.
5. Monitor and assist with the reconciliation of TRACS compliance percentages and Fatal Errors for tenant certifications.
6. Process all assigned special claims in accordance with internal and HUD guidance and prepare correspondence to owner/agents in a timely manner. Provide technical support to owner/agents as it relates to special claims.
7. Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
8. Must have the ability to interpret and apply HUD policies and procedures. Maintain strong knowledge of HUD secure systems and HUD Multifamily regulations and guidance.
9. Assist with internal and external audits as assigned by the Sr. Manager or CFO.
10. Maintain strong knowledge of HUD secure systems and HUD program regulations and requirements.
11. Must have the ability to work in a time sensitive environment while adhering to HUD regulations.
12. Ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines and schedules while meeting productivity requirements.
13. Maintain confidentiality of resident profiles, history and/or personal information, in addition to information that is of confidential nature to the corporation as required by federal regulations and corporate policy.
14. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with diverse groups including public and private officials, as well as to persons who may have limited written and oral English skills.
15. Maintains the working knowledge of a variety of data processing and spreadsheet software as well as basic business math.
16. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by participating in education opportunities, reviewing professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
17. Effectively communicates and presents critical matters to the Sr. Voucher Manager or CFO.
18. Establishes good working relationships and provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
19. Assures all written and verbal communication is professional and complies with NHC’s standards.
20. Handles all program and corporate information in a confidential and professional manner and adheres to HUD secure system Rules of Behavior.
21. Provides assistance to co-workers as needed.
22. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reviewing professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
23. Attends work regularly/as scheduled to adequately meet job responsibilities.
24. Serves as back up to voucher team members during their absence.
25. Ability to obtain Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) designation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Four-year degree from an accredited college or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer, experience working with a Project-Based Section 8 Program (PBCA), but similar HUD housing program related experience is a must. Two to Four years’ experience in a data entry processing role with a high level of volume and accuracy may be considered. Voucher and TRACs regulatory expertise preferred. Affordable housing industry designations such as CPM, COS, etc. preferred. HDS experience is a plus. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Must exercise strong organizational skills in order to prioritize and manage a time sensitive workload and assemble significant documentation in an organized fashion. Must be able to exercise independent judgment. Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing. Strong customer service experience/skills required.
- Job ID
- Job Title
- Voucher Specialist
- Start Date
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- no minimum salary specified - no maximum salary specified
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Tucker, GA
- Dixon, Astrid
- Phone Number
- (770) 543-0731
- Best Method of Contact