: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
Director of Property Operations
You must be logged in to access this page.
Position: Director of Property Operations
The Director of Property Operations, under the supervision of the Vice President, Real Estate Asset and Property Management, will lead the property operations team responsible for monitoring the reporting the operational and compliance performance of the agency’s real estate portfolio consisting of Mixed, HomeFlex, and AH-Owned properties. Works closely with private Owners/Developers to ensure that properties meet the agency’s HUD Moving to Work (MTW) benchmark; resident issues are addressed timely and appropriately; and accurate 50058 data is submitted to PIC. Oversees all the utility management functions for the AH-Owned properties and maintenance of all vacant land parcels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides the daily leadership and guidance for the Property Operations team consisting of Property Operations Analysts, a Utility Manager, and an Operations Data Analyst, which includes establishing team goals; monitoring team and individual performances; conducting performance reviews; assessing staffing needs; and recruiting, hiring, and terminating staff as necessary.
- Leads the team in documenting all property operations and reporting functions via the development of department policies and procedures and flow charts. Ensures implementation of established policies and procedures and consistency across all portfolios.
- Develops and implements strategies to achieve operational efficiencies working with Property Management Developers (PMDs) at AH-Owned, Mixed, and HomeFlex properties.
- Ensures MTW benchmark data is consolidated, analyzed, and reported timely to Asset Management for quarterly reporting and to Policy and Strategy for annual MTW HUD reporting. Provides explanations for missed benchmarks and discrepancies.
- Provides utility expense and consumption data for all public housing properties to assist Finance with the annual HUD subsidy certification reporting.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with external parties including private owners/developers, management companies, local housing agencies, local municipalities, and elected officials.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive onboarding program for new properties and ongoing policy training for existing properties.
- Collaborates with the Data Reporting team to ensure the HUD PIC system contains current resident information. Ensures 50058 data submitted from the properties is accurate and timely.
- Reviews and approves annual operating budgets submitted by PMDs and monitors the actual to budget spending trends. Works with the PMDs to operate the AH-Owned properties efficiently.
- Oversees the monitoring and payment of utility expenses at the AH-Owned properties; quarterly HUD reporting; and administering of the Energy Performance Contracts (EPC).
- Ensures the ongoing maintenance of vacant land parcels and the administration of requests for license agreement and cell tower leases.
- Monitors the ongoing physical maintenance of assets throughout the real estate life cycle. Ensures properties are scheduled for annual HomeFlex or REAC inspections; inspection reports are distributed; and deficiencies are mitigated.
- Ensures resident concerns are tracked and addressed appropriately. Responds to inquiries from senior management, board commissioners, and councilmembers in a timely manner.
- Prepares and presents recommendations on property operations to senior management that may require internal policy changes or HUD approval.
- Provides historical property operational data to help inform decisions around possible new acquisitions; support underwriting pro-formas; and other special requests as needed.
Education and Experience:
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or Real Estate, or other business related field. A Master’s degree in Business Administration or an industry Housing Certification – Certified Manager of Housing (CMH) or Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP) is strongly preferred.
A minimum of five years of experience in a real estate property management leadership role, such as a Regional Manager, with direct reports or a minimum of ten years of relevant multifamily real estate experience managing properties with multiple housing programs, Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), Project Based Rental Assistance (PBRA), and Rental Demonstration Assistance (RAD). Affordable Housing experience is a plus.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Strong property management experience.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Financial analysis and budget preparation.
- Policies and procedures documentation
- Knowledge and demonstrated use of various business software applications/products such as Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint; SharePoint; Visio; Power BI; and Smartsheet.
Works in an office environment. May require frequent bending, stooping, reaching and prolonged sitting and/or standing. May require regular lifting usually not exceeding 15 lbs. May be required to have a valid State of Georgia driver's license and be fully insurable for the purpose of obtaining clearance on company "Authorized Drivers List".
- Job ID
- Job Title
- Director of Property Operations
- Start Date
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- no minimum salary specified - no maximum salary specified
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Atlanta, GA
- LynToy Pickens
- Phone Number
- Best Method of Contact