: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
You must be logged in to access this page.
At Housing Connect, we believe that a home is a space that offers safety and comfort. Our homes also ground us, remind us of our deepest values and hopes, and provide inspiration and motivation to succeed and strive to better our lives and those of our families.
Housing Connect is a leader in finding solutions to the affordable housing crisis affecting our communities. We are the connectors. We’ve connected thousands of Utahns with what they need to find stable ground. And we’ve been recognized locally and nationally for our work.
The Chief Operating Officer supports the mission of Housing Connect by providing executive level leadership of the agency’s Housing Choice Voucher program housing over 2,500 households; property managers of approximately 1,200 units including market rate, public housing, tax credit-funded, and special needs housing within the Housing Connect portfolio; and Central Maintenance department. This position is part of Housing Connect’s executive team, reporting to the CEO, and is responsible for the entire range of associated business operations including program and property performance and asset management, team administration and development, resident satisfaction, and realization of financial goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for performance of Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers, Public Housing, Affordable Housing, and Central Maintenance departments and employees.
- Develop, update, and implement policies and procedures.
- Identify innovative and cost effective solutions for complex process and issues.
- Manage the work of leadership staff in housing programs, administration, and maintenance, including:
- Assigning, planning, and reviewing work;
- Evaluating work performance by developing process and outcome reports;
- Conducting program effectiveness reviews;
- Developing short and long term goals
- Maintaining safety and security plans; and
- Completing performance evaluations.
- Prepare and monitor strategic plans, budgets, oversee operations, issues reports, and ensure compliance across all programs and financings.
- Provide ongoing analysis and critique of existing systems and review and evaluate departmental methods and procedures.
- Work with department leaders to identify change management areas where Housing Connect can increase its effectiveness.
- Oversee property management activities of approximately 1,200 units including market rate, public housing, tax credit-funded, and special needs housing.
- Assist with new development, acquisition, and rehab of properties.
- Be involved in the development phase of new properties e.g. FF&E, Management Agreements, Tenant Selection Criteria, and construction meetings.
- Provide support for lease up of new developments, rehabs and third party management.
- Take properties through financial funding cycles (i.e. unwinding tax credits).
- Leverage assets to support Housing Connect’s mission.
- Regular preparation, evaluation and review of marketing surveys and comparables.
- Assure all properties are kept in top or market condition and high performer status.
- Deal with resident concerns and requests on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction.
- Inspect properties to ensure the highest standards are maintained; evaluates maintenance, grounds, vacancy prep, and housekeeping operations in areas of efficiency. Conduct periodic inspection of vacant apartments for market-ready condition.
- Interpret and apply federal and state laws and regulations as they apply to various programs.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with senior level staff, investors and stakeholders.
- Provide reports to the CEO and CFO. Provides reports and other information to the Board of Commissioners, other agencies, and individuals as required.
- Respond to public inquiries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (Master’s preferred) in related field including but not limited to business, management, facilities, or finance. Minimum 4 years of experience overseeing multiple properties in a supervisory role. Commensurate work experience will also be considered.
- Extensive knowledge of professional residential property management practices including compliance requirements, finance, asset refinance and rehab, operations, leasing, and marketing.
- Demonstrated success in leadership, staff development, and team building.
- Working knowledge of landlord, tenant, and eviction laws.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks to ensure agency goals and deadlines are met.
- Exceptional customer-service skills and demonstrated ability to maintain strong working relations with both internal and external customers.
- A strong and effective leader and communicator with high level presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience preparing and managing budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions in accordance with regulations and established agency policies and procedures.
- Comply with and remain current in all Fair Housing and other regulatory requirements.
- Solve complex situations and diffuse explosive situations.
- Approach problems proactively and be solution focused.
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel; past Elite software experience a plus
- Travel is required. Reliable transportation and a valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to develop and maintain liaison with various agencies and programs.
- On call for high level emergencies.
- Serve on State and local committees related to affordable housing.
Apply online at https://housingconnect.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/bf301edd-2872-2270-e4de-cbeab5537ff1/apply?source=1069237-CS-35552
- Job ID
- Job Title
- CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
- Start Date
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- no minimum salary specified - no maximum salary specified
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Paul Rooker
- Phone Number
- Best Method of Contact