: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
Chief Executive Director
You must be logged in to access this page.
Under the direction of the Board of Commissioners, the Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of The Greenville Housing Authority and has overall strategic and operational accountability for the organization. The Executive Director is responsible for consistent execution of the mission, financial objectives and strategies to advance the Authority’s vision. The Executive Director creates and maintains a conducive working environment that will maximize performance outcomes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as chief staff support and advisor to the Board of Commissioners, provide recommendations on organizational policies; administer adopted policies; develop and implement operational procedures and practices for all programs and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local regulations, laws and ordinances.
- Serve as the Secretary-Treasurer of the Board of Commissioners; schedule, prepare and coordinate activities of the Board in accordance with applicable by-laws and state requirements. Provide monthly operating, status and financial reports to the Board and maintain all records of the Board of Commissioners
- Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission. In consultation with the Board of Commissioners, prepare a written strategic plan that clearly articulates the mission, vision, values and goals of the organization. Communicate strategic direction with internal and external stakeholders and ensure that consistent and timely progress is made in accomplishing strategic goals.
- Responsible for the overall financial condition of the Authority. Prepare and secure board approval of annual operating budgets for all programs administered; monitor and analyze budgets and adjust for fluctuations in revenue and expenses; prepare and present monthly financial reports; and, research and apply for new funding opportunities. Assure completion of annual Independent Audit of all books and records; serve as custodian of all funds of the Authority; maintain and monitor banking activities and relationships; keep the Board fully informed of all financial activities, concerns and conditions.
- Administer all programs to ensure ongoing programmatic excellence; rigorous quality control and program performance evaluation; and consistent quality of administration, communications and systems. Achieve high performer status on a continuous basis for all programs administered.
- Lead, coach and mentor staff; create and maintain a working environment that provides opportunity for continuous professional and personal development of staff at all levels. Plan, assign and review work; establish performance standards; oversee personnel actions including hiring, promotions, progressive discipline, and terminations. Assure that employees receive consistent ongoing feedback including verbal and written accolades, corrective action notices, and formal performance evaluations. Create annual development and training plans for staff.
- Serve as Contracting Officer for the Authority. Oversee procurement activities to assure compliance with all federal and state requirements and procurement policies. Review, execute and monitor contract compliance including adherence to M/W/DBE and Section 3 goals of the Authority.
- Identify new development opportunities to reposition and expand the Authority’s housing portfolio. Develop partnerships with other public and private affordable housing developers that can assist the Authority to leverage public funds with private capital. Secure additional resources such as consultants and financial advisors to assist as needed; coordinate all development activities with community stakeholders including City and County representatives and local neighborhood associations.
- Serve as the Authority’s Public Relations representative. Respond to all inquiries from the general public and the press. Oversee and assure that the Authority’s communications systems including telephone, web-site and printed materials remain current and responsive to customers and the general public. Prepare and disseminate press release information as appropriate and necessary to maximize transparency of the Authority’s operations; actively participate in local forums, presentations, workshops and other community activities.
- Advocate for increased opportunities for affordable housing through response to federal and state legislation and participation in advocacy organizations at the federal and state levels. Remain informed of all legislative and regulatory changes and respond promptly with implementation of revised policies, procedures and practices as required.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with HUD and other federal organizations; state representatives, officials and organizations; local County and City officials and organizations; community and neighborhood organizations; and, residents and resident organizations.
- Perform all other related duties as necessary and/or directed by the Board of Commissioners.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced educational degree in Public or Business Administration or related field.
- Ten or more years managerial experience with progressive advancement at one or more organizations.
- Thorough and extensive knowledge of the principles and practices related to the overall administration of a public agency or private business to include personnel management; budgeting; financing; marketing; reporting; policy development and implementation; and, operational administration.
- Knowledge of state and federally assisted housing programs; laws and regulations including interpretation, development, and implementation of policy directives and changes; and, program compliance.
- Extensive experience working directly with affordable housing programs in a leadership capacity with direct budgetary responsibility.
- Knowledge of real estate development and the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program including financing, design, construction and property management. .
- Broad experience in managing personnel including the ability to communicate, train, counsel, and discipline employees effectively and to create a harmonious working environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain contacts on a local, state, and federal level with a variety of community groups, government officials, and individual stakeholders, to elicit information and effectively design, implement and maintain existing and potential housing programs.
- Ability to relate and work effectively with individuals of diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds to identify and develop educational and service programs to support economic self-sufficiency for clients served in housing programs.
The following core competencies represent the skills and behavioral attributes necessary to successfully perform the leadership job of Chief Executive Officer of TGHA.
- Uses sound judgment to make good decisions based on information gathered and analyzed.
- Considers all pertinent facts and alternatives before deciding on the most appropriate action.
- Commits to decision.
- Interacts with people effectively. Able and willing to share and receive information.
- Co-operates within the group and across groups.
- Supports group decisions and puts group goals ahead of own goals
- Sets and maintains high performance standards.
- Pays close attention to detail, accuracy and completeness.
- Shows concern for all aspects of the job and follows up on work outputs.
- Displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job.
- Commits to putting in additional effort.
- Maintains high level of productivity and self-direction.
- Takes personal responsibility for job performance.
- Completes work in a timely and consistent manner.
- Sticks to commitments.
- Analyzes problem by gathering and organizing all relevant information.
- Identifies cause and effect relationships.
- Comes up with appropriate solutions.
- Adapts to changing work environments, work priorities and organizational needs.
- Able to effectively deal with change and diverse people.
Planning and Organizing
- Plans and organizes tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives.
- Sets priorities. Schedules activities.
- Allocates and uses resources properly.
- Expresses ideas effectively.
- Organizes and delivers information appropriately.
- Listens actively.
- Shares complete and accurate information.
- Maintains confidentiality and meets own commitments.
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND DEMANDS OF POSITION
While performing the duties of the position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, stoop, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls. The position requires mobility and manual dexterity and coordination including operating equipment such as a computer, calculator and other standard office equipment. Requires the physical ability to operate a motor vehicle and travel on a regular and ongoing basis to local, regional, and nationwide sites and meetings. Traveling often includes driving within the local, state, and regional area in order to attend meetings and/or inspect properties. Requires the ability to physically access raw land, construction sites, and/or existing houses and buildings, possibly on rough terrain, in order to conduct preliminary and on-going inspections. Units may be multi-storied without access to an elevator or situated far back from parking areas. May have potential exposure to various elements including dust, dirt, mud, inclement weather, insects, cobwebs, filth, and smoke.
The information contained in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work to be performed by the Chief Executive Officer. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of this job. This position specification is not an employment agreement or contract.
- Job ID
- Job Title
- Chief Executive Director
- Start Date
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- no minimum salary specified - no maximum salary specified
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Greenville, SC
- Sharron Champion
- Phone Number
- Best Method of Contact