: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
Contractor - Project-Based Housing Specialist
You must be logged in to access this page.
Official Title: Program Coordinators
Functional Title: Project-Based Housing Specialist - Contractor
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston-100 Cambridge Street
Job: Administrative Services
Agency: Department of Housing & Community Development
Job Posting: Jun 27, 2019, 3:11:23 PM
Number of Openings: 1
Salary: $39.05 - $46.95 Hourly
Bargaining Unit: Non
The Project-Based Housing Specialist assists the Assistant Director of Federal Programs and the Project-Based Coordinator in all activities related to Project-Based Vouchers (PBV) including: Moving to Work (MTW) PBVs, Enhanced Vouchers (EVs), Moderate Rehabilitation (Mod Rehab), Section 811, and Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD). He/she serves as a resource to Bureau staff, Regional Administering Agencies (RAAs), affordable housing developers and other program stakeholders. He/she supports the development, implementation and administration of MTW activities related to PBV.
He/she assists in developing procedures and program guidance, prepares and processes program documents, maintains program databases, and ensures compliance with federal and state regulations. In addition, this position provides technical assistance to developers and RAAs and works closely with Department of Housing and Community Development’s (DHCD’s) Housing Development Division on approved, affordable housing applications that include both capital funding and PBV funding. This position assists in managing the pre-development stage for all approved PBV projects including reviewing and approving Tenant Selection Plans and Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plans, facilitating communications between RAAs and developers and preparing and coordinating the execution of all program contracts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):
1. Assists in monitoring and tracking existing Section 8 Moderate Rehab and Single Room Occupancy (SRO) portfolio.
2. Assists in the preparation and submission of detailed quarterly reports to U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
3. Maintains extensive program database and coordinates project contract renewal by subcontractors.
4. Coordinates Annual Contributions Contract (ACC) reductions and conversions to Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP) funding.
5. Assists Project-Based Coordinator with conducting environmental and subsidy layering reviews.
6. Assists Bureau of Rental Assistance (BRA) in preparation of Section 8 PBV-related program documents, including applications, forms, training documents, and Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA).
7. Serves as technical resource to BRA staff, RAAs, and affordable housing developers interested in project-based rental assistance.
8. Works closely with Housing Development Division staff on approved affordable housing applications that include both public funding and PBV funding.
9. Assists the Project-Based Coordinator in monitoring of the Section 8 Moderate Rehabilitation (Mod Rehab) portfolio, Enhanced Vouchers (EV) and Single Room Occupancy (SRO) portfolio.
10. Maintains and updates existing databases and document management systems for the various project-based programs, and create new databases as necessary.
11. Participates in planning meetings and external presentations when required.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience with Section 8 or other affordable housing programs.
2. Experience with real estate development, particularly affordable housing development.
3. Experience with property management.
4. Experience with supportive housing programs and/or working with persons with disabilities.
5. Experience completing or reviewing HUD forms and interpreting regulations.
6. Intermediate or Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Access and Excel.
7. Industry Certifications (i.e., Multifamily Housing Specialist, HCV Specialist, etc.).
The Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is within the Housing and Economic Development Secretariat and its work touches the lives of all Massachusetts residents. DHCD's mission is to strengthen cities, towns and neighborhoods to enhance the quality of life of Massachusetts residents by providing leadership, professional assistance and financial resources to promote safe, decent, affordable housing opportunities, economic vitality of communities and sound municipal management.
Please upload resume and cover letter.
This is a contractor position. There are no benefits associated with this position. The estimated contract start date is 07/29/19 with a contract end date of 09/30/20. Contract may be extended based on availability of additional funding.
The hourly rate for this position is between $39.05 and $46.95.
Salary placement is determined by years of experience and education directly related to the position and the Human Resources Division’s Recruiting Guidelines.
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division’s Hiring Guidelines. Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website.
MININUMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must have at least (A) three years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in real estate management, property management, public housing program management, public housing program development or public housing program administration, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. An Associate's degree with a major in real estate, public administration, business administration or business management may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
II. A Bachelor's degree in real estate, public administration, business administration or business management may be substituted for a maximum of two years for the required experience.*
III. A Master's or higher degree with a major in public administration, business administration or business management may be substituted for the required experience.*
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: Nancy DePaul - 617-573-1100
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://massanf.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=1900054O
- Job ID
- Job Title
- Contractor - Project-Based Housing Specialist
- Start Date
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- $39.05 - $46.95
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Boston, MA