: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
Residential Damage Estimator
You must be logged in to access this page.
~~The Residential Damage Cost Estimator will support current and future damage-assessment inspection services in Harris County and Galveston County, Texas. The Estimator will provide the Scopes of Work and Estimates necessary to complete the rehabilitation or reconstruction of disaster-related damaged homes.
• Evaluates structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing deficiencies and determines improvements necessary for code compliance and to meet applicable Housing Quality Standards and Minimum Property Standards, and applicable Green Building Standards.
• Performs comprehensive daily reporting of estimating results verbally and in an electronic database.
• Works with the Damage Assessors and Field Inspectors to ensure the field notes, photos, and other documentation are of acceptable quality to provide an accurate estimate of damages.
• Develops and maintains a good working relationship with the support Staff.
• Monitors the pace of field assessments and projecting the level of estimating effort required as work progresses.
• Completes forms necessary for the delivery of a complete bid package to the Client.
• Functions as a Team player and remains productive while autonomous, delivering the required materials and findings accurately and in a timely manner.
• Renders sketches using Xactimate estimating tools.
• Completes analyses within XactAnalysis.
• Is familiar and up to date with different editions of the International Residential Codes.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned by Supervisor.
• Applies applicable Program Guidelines, site-specific reports (LBP, ACM), & HUD’s Descent, Safe and Sanitary (DSS) and Housing Quality Standards (HQS) protocol to estimate cost.
• Determines accurately the difference between “storm damage” and “deferred maintenance.”
• Deep hands-on working knowledge of Building and Construction industry, including and not limited to materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, exterior landings, steps, or other structures related to damaged property.
• Understanding and experience working with residential construction drawings and specifications.
• Familiarity with quantity material and labor take-off means and methods using Xactimate estimating software.
• Use of critical thinking and problem solving to recognize issues as well as identifying solutions to discrepancies with estimates.
• Ability to communicate effectively with IBTS staff, contractors, and homeowners both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service to contractors and homeowners.
• Ability to successfully foster positive attitude towards IBTS staff, contractors, and homeowners.
• Ability to maintain a cooperative and collaborative working relationship with variety of customers, contractors, and Client staff.
• Ability to speak, read, and write the English language with proficiency.
Education/Certification/Experience - REQUIRED
• Bachelors' degree in Engineering, Architecture, or other related field with a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in Residential Construction or Estimating;
o or an Associate degree with 3 years of experience in Residential Construction or Estimating.
o or 5 years of verified Residential Construction or Estimating experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
• Level 1 or above Xactimate 28 certification.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience using Xactimate 28 estimating software.
• Demonstrated experience in interpreting field notes to produce an accurate computer-generated repair Scope of Work and Estimate using Xactimate 28® estimating software.
• Ability to travel for required meetings and training as assigned.
• Working knowledge of computers and the ability to transmit electronic reports.
• Experience successfully handling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Working Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Must Consent to and pass a driver's and criminal records background check.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record at time of appointment and throughout employment.
• Moves about inside and outside of homes and buildings while examining work sites.
• Constantly positions self to ascend/descend ladders for examining work site including but not limited to climbing steps, moving through crawl spaces, attics, basements, etc. These actions include climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling etc.
• Frequently moves equipment weighing up to 50 pounds to and from work site.
• Constantly works in all outdoor weather conditions.
Bring your passion, expertise, and experience to IBTS, where we appreciate and are committed to our employees. We offer outstanding benefits, growth opportunities, and work hard to maintain a culture that values our employees.
The Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization established to provide unbiased professional building code compliance services, while enhancing the communities in which we work. At IBTS, our mission is to deliver quality services to meet the challenges of governance at all levels while enhancing public safety, economic development, and the general welfare of the community. Our services include Building and Community Development, Energy and Sustainability Services, Disaster Planning and Recovery, Quality Assurance, as well as Compliance and Risk Monitoring.
IBTS is headquartered in Ashburn, VA, with additional offices in Louisiana, Missouri, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Washington, DC.
We are committed to building a community of experts with diverse backgrounds, disciplines, and perspectives who are passionate about our mission. IBTS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or handicapped condition. This opportunity is open to Section 3 Residents.
- Job ID
- Job Title
- Residential Damage Estimator
- Start Date
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- no minimum salary specified - no maximum salary specified
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Houston, TX
- Best Method of Contact