: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
Accounting Supervisor - Accountant V
You must be logged in to access this page.
Official Title: Accountant V
Functional Title: Accounting Supervisor
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston-100 Cambridge Street
Job: Accounting and Finance
Agency: Department Housing & Community Development
Job Posting: Jul 23, 2019, 10:56:18 AM
Number of Openings: 1
Salary: $63,780.86 - $92,381.90 Yearly
Bargaining Unit: 06-NAGE - Professional Admin.
The Accountant V is a position within the Department of Housing and Community Development’s Office of Administration and Finance Unit. The Accountant V supervises a staff of six (6) serving as the Accounts Payable authorized signatory for all payment-related transactions including Commodity Based Payment Request Document (PRC), General Accounting Expenditure Document (GAX), and Incidental Purchase Document (INP). This requires demonstrated knowledge of Office of the Comptroller bill paying procedures and ensuring all payments have proper supporting documentation and are in compliance with state finance law and federal regulations. The incumbent reviews contracts and encumbrances for proper form and proper supporting documentation in conformance with state finance law, Comptroller policies and federal regulations; prepares Cash Receipts (CRs) for the monthly receipts from U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD); and assigns and distributes work to staff on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate has state finance experience and substantial experience working with the state accounting system, Massachusetts Management Accounting and Reporting System (MMARS). He/she is able to work independently and collaboratively with demonstrated experience effectively leading staff. The incumbent has excellent attention to detail, time management and organizational skills with the ability to adjust to changing priorities. He/she has demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):
- Serves as the Accounts Payable authorized signatory in the state accounting system (MMARS) for all payment related transactions. Reviews and approves all supporting documentation and ensures payments are in compliance with agency, Comptroller policies and federal regulations. It also entails ensuring invoices are mathematically correct, ensuring invoices are signed by an authorized signatory and ensuring all the necessary supporting documentation are attached to the invoice.
- Supervises six employees, assigns the Daily Work and ensures the work is up-to-date. This involves redistributing work as necessary due to unplanned absences.
- Makes recommendations to improve payment procedures and compliance with Comptroller policies and federal regulations.
- Monitors the document catalog daily to ensure the timely delivery and approval of documents in MMARS and works with the fiscal staff and the Comptroller’s office to resolve any discrepancies.
- Serves as backup to the Accountants when needed. This includes processing invoices and contracts.
- Reconciles Accounting’s cash receipts log on a monthly basis.
- Provides training, technical assistance or guidance to fiscal staff from other DHCD divisions within the agency.
- Assists the Internal Controls Officer by providing documents during the State Single Audit.
- Responsible for assigning the scanning of payments on a daily basis.
- Participates in the Accounting Trainings offered to agency staff with the Chief Accountant and Director of Accounting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- State finance experience and substantial experience working with the state accounting system (MMARS).
- Knowledge of State and Federal Finance Law and regulations.
- Considerable knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Experience with federal grants and Purchase of Service (POS) contracts.
- At least 3 years supervisory experience.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work within close time constraints to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to lead in a team setting.
- Associates degree in Accounting.
The Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is within the Housing and Economic Development Secretariat and its work touches the lives of all Massachusetts residents. DHCD's mission is to strengthen cities, towns and neighborhoods to enhance the quality of life of Massachusetts residents by providing leadership, professional assistance and financial resources to promote safe, decent affordable housing opportunities, economic vitality of communities and sound municipal management.
Please upload resume and cover letter.
Salary placement is determined by years of experience and education directly related to the position and the Human Resources Division’s Recruiting Guidelines.
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division’s Hiring Guidelines. Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days (by 08/06/19).
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must have at least (A) five years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in accounting or auditing, of with at least (B) three years must have been in a supervisory, administrative or managerial capacity or (C) any equivalent combination of the required experience and substitutions below.
I. An Associate's degree with a major in accounting, business administration or business management may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required (A) experience.*
II. A Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting, business administration or business management may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the required (A) experience.*
III. A Graduate degree with a major in accounting, business administration or business management may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the required (A) experience and one year of the required (B) experience.
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
NOTE: Educational substitutions will only be permitted for a maximum of one year of the required (B) experience.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: Nancy DePaul - 617-573-1100
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://massanf.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=190005W0
- Job ID
- Job Title
- Accounting Supervisor - Accountant V
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- $63780.86 - $92381.90
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Boston, MA