: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
Director of Human Resources and Administration
You must be logged in to access this page.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Under supervision of the Executive Director, this senior management position, plans, organizes, manages, and provides direction and oversight for major functions of the Everett Housing Authority’s (EHA) Administration Department including human resources, training, information technology, records management, and customer service/reception. This position will be responsible for short- and long-term planning, development and administration of departmental policies, procedures, and services by furthering EHA goals and objectives within general policy guidelines. Aids the Executive Director and Senior Leadership team in areas of subject matter expertise. Fosters cooperative working relationships and coordinates assigned activities with other EHA departments, regulatory, other agencies, and the public. This position will be accountable for transforming EHA into a dynamic and diverse workforce capable of and committed to serving a diverse population.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are illustrative only (i.e. not all inclusive)
Required Workplace Standards
- Works regular and reliable hours on site as required;
- Attendance must be punctual and consistent;
- Works an agreed-upon schedule and works additional hours as necessary to complete work;
- Works effectively, cooperatively and respectfully with co-workers, clients, and other contacts;
- Follows all EHA Safety Policies and Procedures;
- Follows all EHA Personnel Policies and Procedures;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assumes full management responsibility for all Administration Department programs, services, and activities, including human resources, training, information technology, records management, and customer service/reception;
- Responsible for leading EHA’s efforts to recruit, develop, and retain a diverse workforce capable of and committed to serving a diverse population;
- Develops, directs, and coordinates the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards for the department; establishes, within EHA policy, appropriate budget, service, and staffing levels;
- Manages and participates in the development and administration of the department’s annual budget; directs the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; directs the monitoring of and approves expenditures; directs and implements adjustments as necessary;
- Selects, trains, motivates, and directs department personnel; evaluates and reviews work for acceptability and conformance with department standards, including program and project priorities; works with employees on performance issues; implements discipline and termination procedures; responds to staff questions and concerns;
- Contributes to the overall quality of the department’s service by developing, reviewing, and implementing policies and procedures to meet legal requirements and EHA needs; continuously monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; assesses and monitors the distribution of work, support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identifies opportunities for improvement; directs the implementation of change;
- Conducts regular departmental and/or unit and one-on-one meetings with staff to discuss current and future projects and activities; presents and resolves various issues and problems; provides guidance to staff on various work processes;
- Leads EHA in developing increasing levels of efficiency in the implementation of the agency’s programs.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in human resources management, public or business administration, or a related field and seven (7) years of increasingly responsible Human Resources experience in a public agency and/or community or social services agency with five years (5) years in a supervisory capacity. Substantial experience in designing and implementing policies and programs that address efforts to increase diversity, equity, and inclusion. Master’s degree preferred.
REQUIRED ABILITY TO:
- Demonstrated experience in assisting public or nonprofit organizations to set vision, strategy, tactics, and delivery of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives;
- Ability to influence and build relationships, work collaboratively with individuals or teams from all areas and levels of the organization, community, and business partners;
- Ability to work independently and achieve results on own initiatives as well as cross-functional teams;
- Proven ability to act at both the strategic and tactical levels in a fast-paced environment; must be extremely organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to multitask;
- Thought leader in the area of Human Resources, especially successfully building a diverse work force at all levels of an organization;
- Data driven and able to use internal and external data to inspire change and measure impact;
- Demonstrated passion for and interest in leading diversity and inclusion initiatives;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information;
- Comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty, and rapidly evolving landscape.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Washington State Driver's license or ability to obtain one within 60 days and good driving record;
- Fair Housing Certification or ability to obtain one within 90 days;
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- Job ID
- Job Title
- Director of Human Resources and Administration
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- $93900.00 - $150200.00
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Everett, WA
- Paula Kennedy
- Phone Number
- Best Method of Contact