: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
VP Asset Management
You must be logged in to access this page.
Job Title: VP of Asset Management
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Employee Status: Salary - Exempt
Responsible directly to the COO, the VP of Asset Management is responsible for overall management of the Housing Authority's physical housing portfolio, which currently consists of 200 public housing units, 175 project based rental assistance, and 67 affordable housing units. Regular duties require the exercise of mature independent judgment, tact in dealing with all types of people in stressful situations, and thorough knowledge of pertinent Housing Authority policies and HUD regulations, especially asset management guidelines, as well as state and federal laws regarding evictions. Supervision may be exercised over all assigned property staff. Work is performed under the general supervision of the COO and is reviewed primarily through staff meetings, review of reports, and evaluation of results obtained.
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, business, or related field of study is required. Certification as a Public Housing Manager is required, and Tax Credit Certification is preferred. Additional education or training in other housing programs is preferred but not required.
Ten or more years of experience in public and affordable housing, with at least five years of demonstrated responsibility supervising teams. Experience supervising multiple teams is preferred.
This position requires a valid Florida driver’s license and the ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening as well as be eligible for coverage under Authority fleet auto insurance.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be able to supervise a large group, giving frequent instructions, training, and planning.
- Must be able to work on-site and from an area office.
- Must be able to communicate with confidence, patience, and concern.
- Must be able to work independently and with little direct supervision.
- Must maintain an effective working relationship with subordinates, peers on staff, supervisor, tenants, vendors, and social service agencies.
Duties/Responsibilities of Position:
- Actively monitors and ensures properties are properly managed and tenants are in compliance with the lease.
- Supervises the collection of rent and other charges.
- Ensures the efficient turn of vacant units and lease-up of properties.
- Ensures properties are prepared for annual HUD inspections.
- Maintains a regular, visible presence on properties.
- Coordinates preventative maintenance programs for each property; identifies major repair needs; takes or schedules corrective action when indicated.
- Supervises and participates in the counseling of tenants who are not complying with policy and/or procedures.
- Actively participates in resident associations; meets with leaders in resident organizations to improve participation, plans meetings, suggests ideas for programs.
- Supervises the preparation of legal documents for nonpayment of rent and other violations.
- Closely monitors all asset expenditures by subordinates and takes immediate corrective action to insure strict compliance with approved budgets.
- Continually evaluates the effectiveness and productivity of the housing operations and staff. Develops and implements operational improvement programs as required.
- Works closely with the Director of Construction/Modernization to ensure knowledge of all capital needs within assigned properties.
- Handles disciplinary problems with subordinate personnel following established personnel policy guidelines and procedures.
- Periodically review all applicable policies and work closely with COO to implement all necessary changes in a timely manner.
- Ensure accurate tenant files (in compliance with HUD rules) and filing system for all properties.
- Prepares and maintains records, and reports as requested by the CEO or COO.
- Attends weekly staff meetings.
- Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned.
Work is principally sedentary but may involve some physical exertion during on-site visits with residents or landlords, inspection of dwellings or facilities, and travel to meetings, conferences or workshops in other cities.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the email address below, no later than October 9, 2019.
- Job ID
- Job Title
- VP Asset Management
- Start Date
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- no minimum salary specified - no maximum salary specified
- Min. Education
- Bachelor of Science
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Sarasota, FL
- Scruggs, Paula
- Phone Number
- Best Method of Contact