: Euclid Technology
You must be logged in to access this page.
Housing Specialist - Multifamily
You must be logged in to access this page.
Assist in managing the day-to-day operation of assigned property, perform annual and interim re-certifications of income for residents in accordance with established regulations and guidelines). Manage the lease up of the property, the collection and recording of rent and other charges. Assist property manager in preparing reports of activities and fiscal status. Assist and encourage residents to become self-sufficient by referring to programs directed toward self-sufficiency. Maintain continued occupancy by conducting inspections to ensure compliance with all applicable rules and regulations and that vacant apartments are ready for occupancy.
A high school diploma or GED.
Two years’ experience in low income housing required. Experience working in HUD-50059 property a plus.
This position requires a valid Florida driver’s license and the ability to pass FBI background check, as well as be eligible for coverage under Authority fleet auto insurance. Candidate must be able to pass the housing specialist certification exam within 6 months of hire.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Authority policies and procedures, particularly as they pertain to property management
- Knowledge of Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) rules and regulations that apply to property management
- Knowledge of laws and standards that apply to property management, such as Fair Housing Laws Florida Tenant/Landlord Law
- Knowledge of basic building maintenance requirements
- Knowledge of basic office practices, procedures, and equipment
- Knowledge of the operation of authority computer system and software
- Knowledge of the agencies that provide assistance and services to residents
- Proficient in English, including spelling, usage, and grammar sufficient to produce oral and written communication that is clear, concise, cogent and structured according to standard business practice
- Knowledge of mathematics sufficient to perform calculations required for summarizing rent collections, and for rent adjustments
- Ability to maintain required records such as tenant files, vacancy reports, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret policies and guidelines in order to make sound decisions
- Ability to prepare clear concise reports and make appropriate recommendations within scope of responsibility
- Ability to use basic office equipment such as telephone, fax, copier, and computer
- Ability to generate records, receipts, and reports efficiently using a calculator and the computer system
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with peers, superiors, residents, community service agencies, and the public
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and multiple demands to accomplish tasks in accordance with established requirements
- Skilled in communicating with all types of people in a wide variety of situations
Duties/Responsibilities of Position:
- Collection and receipting of rental payments from residents in a timely manner
- Calculation of annual income based on various forms of verifications and documentation
- Perform interim rent changes based on requests from residents
- Perform annual recertifications and lease renewals in a timely manner as required by HUD
- Maintain all applicable waiting lists including adding applications, updating applicant information, sending out purge letters, etc.
- Maintain tenant files and related documentation regarding continuing eligibility and adjustments
- Answer incoming telephone calls
- Create and assign work orders to appropriate staff in a timely manner
- Work closely with the maintenance staff to ensure all work orders are closed out each day
- Answer general questions for residents and/or guests
- Ensure work area is kept clean and all resident data is properly stored to prevent others from accessing personally identifiable information
- Inform the property manager daily of all unit vacancy notices
- Ensure that the required number of applicants are approved at all times
- Assist property manager with day-to-day-operations and perform necessary tasks when the property manager is absent
- Other tasks as assigned
PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO THE EMAIL BELOW NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 15, 2019
- Job ID
- Job Title
- Housing Specialist - Multifamily
- Start Date
- Application Deadline
- Salary Range
- no minimum salary specified - no maximum salary specified
- Job Major Category
- Job Posting
- Job Location
- Sarasota, FL
- Scruggs, Paula
- Phone Number
- Best Method of Contact